When ordering drinks in NCU’s campus coffee shop, the Beacon Beanery, most students opt for the classics—mochas, lattes, chai lattes, and smoothies. While these tried-and-true favorites satisfy the need for some morning caffeine or an afternoon pick-me-up, sometimes something a little different can be a great way to change up your regular routine. Below are five unique drinks recommended by the people who know them best: the baristas.
- Peach Cobbler Smoothie, recommended by sophomore Conner Covey
Ask for: A peach smoothie with a little milk, a scoop of vanilla frappe powder, and a dash of cinnamon blended in.
- Honey Latte, recommended by sophomore Bri Wood
Ask for: A regular latte with honey added.
- Caramel Apple Smoothie, recommended by freshman Toby Carter
Ask for: A green apple smoothie with caramel sauce swirled in.
- Ferrero Rocher Mocha, recommended by sophomore Samantha Ross
Ask for: A regular mocha with hazelnut and vanilla syrup.
- The Gryffindor, recommended by senior Chloe Combs
Ask for: A latte with toffee syrup, caramel, and cinnamon-brewed espresso shots.